Over the last week there have been many difficult decisions made with regard to cancelling equestrian events across the whole country.
Equine Sports UK Grassroots Championships 6-9 August 2020 is still scheduled to go ahead at this stage, however this decision will be subject to ongoing monitoring of the situation and we will be following Government advice over the coming weeks/months.
As many of you will not have had the opportunity to qualify due to the current restrictions, for 2020 only, we will be making this an Open Show, ie no pre-qualification will be required to enter any classes However our normal grassroots eligibility rules and regulations will still apply.
On Day One, Thursday 6th August all classes will be re-classified as 'warm-up' classes, with the remainder of the classes on Days 2,3 & 4 re-classified as 'Open' classes. Evening performances will still go ahead as planned.
For those of you that have already booked your stables and entries, we will hold these in our system and should we not be able to run, monies will be immediately refunded.
In the meantime, we will be suspending all entries and stable bookings until we are in a position to confirm that we will be able to go ahead and this decision will be based on Government advice.
These are unprecedented times for us all, but by working together we can ensure the longevity of our sport.
Stay safe everyone!
Team Equine Sports UK